Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Murphy Mondays: The Art of the Compromise

At Bouquets of Austin, we work in a business of compromise. I see it all the time when my people meet with brides and grooms who want a certain look for their wedding but don't have the budget to match. The humans here at Bouquets are great at helping couples find a compromise so that they can get a version of what they want and still work within their budget. It's one of things they do really, really well. Pretty wedding flowers and intact budget.

I am also quite fantastic at compromise. I have learned to be that way by watching everyone around me.

I know THEY would probably say that I'm not that great at compromising but let me tell you what has recently happened and you can decide for yourselves. I know that I've said before that I enjoy sneaking out when no one is looking. This is for several reasons...1. I can roam around at will and take my time doing it; and 2. I usually find myself at the vet down the street where they give me treats and wait for my humans to find me. Which they always do. And when they do, they are MAD. Totally worth it.

My humans know how much I love to sunbathe. It's one of my favorite things to do. But they don't want to open the door and let me enjoy the sun too much because they know that eventually I'll take off. Totally right.

So this is the compromise that we figured out. They open the door and let me sunbathe to my heart's content. In return, I am on a very, very long leash that allows me to roam but won't let me get away completely. Not bad, right? I didn't think so either. So now we both get what we want. Totally awesome.

Me with my Leash of Compromise


Long enough I suppose.
 See? I am not an unreasonable dog. I am able to compromise with the best of them. Except, if I'm being honest, when it comes to food. As far as I'm concerned there is no compromise when it comes to food. All bets are off and if I have to steal it out of the trashcan then steal it out of the trashcan I will. Totally worth it.

Have a great week!

MURPHY


No comments:

Post a Comment