Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something old....and a memory

We are so excited when we open our inbox and we have photos! Another gorgeous purple wedding from this summer.. and a reminder how small our big old world really is... the brides mom came in months before this event to get the planning going (bride lives in Russia).
Mentioned the ceremony would be held at Redeemer Lutheran Church--we talked about the church and its school, back in the day, I (and my brothers) attended a small Lutheran school of which I have very fond memories. As the conversation progressed,we came to the conclusion that this brides great grandfather was my first grade teacher! It brought tears to us all, considering my school only had about 50 students-this was indeed a chance meeting. It was a great pleasure to design these wedding flowers! The ribbon rosette on the brides bouquet was made from her moms wedding dress-one of my new favorite ideas.

The ceremony--Redeemer Lutheran Church-the bride and groom met serving ministries in Russia.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment